Catch a Tiger
The Magic Research Institute has been experimenting with some new summoning scrolls, and, as usual, its newest experiment has caused a bit of a disaster. As it turns out, the innocent-looking White Tiger Cub summoning scrolls are bringing ferocious tigers of all ages to Aden from another dimension! But these tigers could also carry secrets of another universe or offer scientific advances, so, in the name of science, you are asked to help subdue the White Tigers long enough to study them. All of the tigers seem to carry gold coins called Apigas that carry beneficial powers. Study the tigers and collect the Apigas. Piece of cake, right?
- Speak to the Employee of Magic Research Institute in any town.
- Pay her 2,010 Adena and receive a White Tiger Event Pack.
- Open the White Tiger Event Pack in your inventory in which you’ll find summoning scrolls and sedative potions.
- Use a summoning scroll to summon a White Tiger Cub or White Tiger Matriarch. We recommend that you be in a group and have the members of the group use Sedative Potions simultaneously if you summon a White Tiger Matriarch.
- Use Sedative Potions or Powerful Sedative Potions on the tiger until it’s life bar depletes. (Don’t worry–it’s not dead. It’s just sleeping.)
- Receive Apigas or Golden Apigas, and most of the time you can also collect a new summoning scroll as loot.
- Continue summoning and sedating tigers for while, and then turn in Apigas or Golden Apigas in bundles of 20 by talking to the Employee of Magic Research Institute in town.
- Tip: Event items will also drop from regular monsters across Aden. If you run out of scrolls, go hunting and you will find more!
Well now, anyone can tell you that magic is dangerous, but the White Tiger scrolls and potions work properly, most of the time. The Magic Research Institute assures us that we have nothing to worry about as long as we have basic health insurance, and it encourages us to keep on sedating and studying as many White Tigers as we can each day. However, watch out for a few strange things that you might encounter while participating:
- Some of the tigers will retaliate a bit. They won’t hurt you much, but you might get some stuns and a swollen head. Overall, the tigers seem to be relatively weak.
- Since magic isn’t always reliable, using your summoning scroll might come with a few surprises. (Hey, was that a pig?) The Institute claims that there are no pigs involved in this experiment, but if one does appear, just ignore it and it will go away. The Institute is not responsible for any lost scrolls in the event of a summoned pig.
- Scroll testers have reported that when a scroll is activated and it summons a tiger, a strange interdimensional message sometimes appears above the summoned tiger’s head. For White Tiger Cubs, it reads: “Reward increased 2 times if completed within 10 seconds!” Then a countdown begins! When the message appears with a White Tiger Matriarch, it says “40 seconds”. The Institute says that the message is not dangerous. The letters won’t fall on you, and the countdown does not detonate anything. But the Institute has confirmed that there are indeed extra Apigas awarded if the tiger is sedated within the countdown time. The extra Apiga reward only happens when the message appears.
- Finally, the Institute has noted occurrences of sedated White Tigers somehow summoning one of their friends before leaving. By friend, the Institute means a big White Tiger. Just pretend it’s a kitten and sedate it like the others.
White Tiger Event Pack: You can only purchase one White Tiger Event Pack per account every 12 hours. For 2,010 Adena per purchase, you receive a this small chest, inside of which are the following items:
- Summon Baby White Tiger Scroll (1): Using this item summons a Baby White Tiger that must be sedated and studied. The tiger may retaliate a bit. Tradable.
- Summon Baby White Tiger Matriarch Scroll (1): Using this item summons a Baby White Tiger Matriarch that must be sedated and studied. This White Tiger is larger and is more resistant to the Sedative Potions. Sedate these beasts while working together in a group, and use Powerful Sedative Potions. Tradable.
- Sedative Potion (60): This magical potion partially sedates a Baby White Tiger or Baby White Tiger Matriarch. You have to use many Sedative Potions to put one White Tiger to sleep. These regular potions can also be purchased separately from the Employee of Magic Research Institute. Tradable.
- Powerful Sedative Potion (15): This powerful magical potion partially sedates White Tiger. It has more punch than a Sedative Potion but you stll have to use multiple Powerful Sedative Potions to put one White Tiger to sleep. We recommend that these powerful potions be saved for sedating Baby White Tiger Matriarchs. Tradable.
Summon Gloomy Baby White Tiger Scroll, or Summon Gloomy Baby White Tiger Matriarch Scroll: The White Tiger that you just studied usually drops these scrolls. Using this item summons a Gloomy Baby White Tiger or Gloomy Baby White Tiger Matriarch that must be sedated and studied. Gloomy Baby White Tigers are essentially the same as the other White Tigers, just… gloomier. Tradable.
You can turn in Apigas or Golden Apidas in lots of 20. The rewards you receive are different depending on if you have turned in 20 Apigas or 20 Golden Apigas.
Apiga Rewards: By turning in 20 Apigas to the Employee of Magic Research Institute, you receive an Apiga reward, packaged a gift box. It is not tradable. Apiga rewards are listed below:
Note: The Hair Style Change Potions, Dye Potions, and Facelifting Potions permanently change character appearance. To preview what each type of potion’s face, hairstyle, or hair color looks like, you can experiment by creating a new character on the server.
- Vitality Maintenance Potion – 10 minutes: When used, you don’t lose vitality points as you gain experience points. Lasts 10 minutes. 30 minute cooldowns. Not tradable.
- Hair Style Potion A/B/C/D/E/F/G: A potion that changes your hairstyle to the style of the corresponding letter. This change is permanent. Tradable.
- Hair Dye Potion A/B/C/D: A potion that changes the color of your hair to the color of the corresponding letter. This change is permanent. Tradable.
- Facelifting Potion A/B/C: A potion that changes your face’s appearance to that of the corresponding letter. This change is permanent. Tradable.
- Fresh Milk: When used, you gain the effects of Might, Haste, Empower, Acumen, Wind Walk, Vampirirc Rage, Berserker Spirit, Shield, Focus, Death Whisper, Guidance, Clairty, Wild Magic, and Concentration for 1 hour. Tradable.
- Dynasty / Icarus / Vesper Weapon Box: A box containing a Dynasty, Icarus or Vesper weapon. Tradable.
- Dynasty / Moirai / Vesper Armor Box: A box containing a piece of Dynasty, Moirai or Vesper armor. Tradable.
- Red/Green/Blue Soul Crystal 14/15/16: A Red, Green or Blue Soul Crystal of Stage 14, 15, or 16. Tradable.
Golden Apiga Rewards: By turning in 20 Golden Apigas to the Employee of Magic Research Institute, you receive a Golden Apiga Box. it is not tradable. Golden Apiga Boxes contain one of two rewards:
- An Element Stone: Earth, Wind, Divine, Water, Dark, or Fire Stone. Tradable.
- Gemstone S (2): Tradable.