It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! BUT… Christmas lies in a precarious position this year in the troubled lands of Aden! Santa has all the gifts ready to deliver and his sled has been polished to a mirror sheen. But there’s something very, very wrong…
Santa’s reindeer have unionized and gone on strike in an attempt to earn themselves extra vacation time! This has obviously perturbed Santa, seeing as they already have a monumental 364 days off every year. So, instead of bowing to their demands, old St. Nicholas has turned to the brave adventurers of Lineage II. Help raise brand new reindeer in time for Christmas and reward the children of Aden for all the good deeds they’ve done this year. Who knows, there might even be something in it for those who help out too!
How to Participate
- Players can receive baby Rudolph from the Santa Event NPC. Santa will give players three Rudolph Necklaces and three Rudolph Baby Food items every 24 hours for 1,000 Adena.
- Players can receive a maximum of three Rudolf Necklaces per 24 hours. Baby food is unlimited, and Santa sells it for 500 Adena each.
- Only one Rudolph can be summoned since it is a “pet.” The first stage of a Rudolph is called Baby Rudolph. The second stage is called Rudolph, and the third and last stage is called Adult Rudolph.
- Rudolph will give hints of its growing process through conversation.
- After you summon a baby Rudolf and feed it, it will immediately evolve and buff its owner.
- Players can also buy a Santa Hat Set for 2009 Adena from Santa. The box contains a Santa Hat and a Rudolph’s Nose. Players can buy one Santa Hat Set every 24 hours, and both items will expire after 14 days.
Taking Care of Rudolph
Rudolph needs both Feeding and Affection to grow into an adult! He does not take any XP in order to grow!
Feeding Baby Rudolph
- Baby Rudolph pets must be fed Baby Food so it can grow into a Rudolph.
- To use the Baby Food, select the Rudolph and double-click on the Baby Food icon. The Baby Rudolph will evolve into a Rudolph.
- Fruit Baskets should be fed to Rudolph to raise it into an Adult Rudolph.
- Fruit Baskets drop regularly from mobs throughout the world.
- Rudolph will automatically eat the Fruit Baskets that are dropped. Players cannot pick up Fruit Baskets.
- Players can give their Rudolph affection by using the “Reindeer Scratch” action in the action tab of the pet window.
- A Rudolph requests affection from its owner every 15 minutes.
- Rudolph will continually ask for affection until it is received, even when it is unsummoned and summoned again.
- When a player gives affection to a Rudolph, its Affection level will increase by 25%.
- The Affection level cannot go down, so after using the Reindeer Scratch skill 4 times, it will be full. Since Rudolph requests affection roughly every 15 minutes, it will take around 1 hour to fill the Affection Level to 99%, which is the same amount of time for the Growth Bar to reach 99%.
What do I get for raising a Rudolph?
- Once all of the pet Rudolph’s bars have reached 99%, it will evolve into an Adult Rudolph. There are six types of Adult Rudolph that it can grow into.
- The Adult Rudolph will return to Santa automatically 10 minutes after it becomes an adult. Players will get a powerful 1 hour buff for their efforts.
|Donateloph||Increases Max HP, MP, and CP by 40%. Increases P. Def. and M. Def. by 20%. Increases moving speed by 20%. Increases P. Atk. by 10%. Increases Atk. Spd. by 20%. Bestows the ability to recover as HP 10% of the standard short-range physical damage inflicted on the enemy.|
|Raphaeloph||Increases Max HP, MP, and CP by 40%. Increases P. Def. and M. Def. by 20%. Increases moving speed by 20%. Increases P. Atk. by 10%. Increases the rate of Critical attack by 30%. Increases the power of Critical attack by 10%.|
|Leonardoph||Increases Max HP, MP, and CP by 40%. Increases P. Def. and M. Def. by 20%. Increases moving speed by 20%. Increases M. Atk. by 10%. Increases magic Casting Spd. by 20%.|
|Michelangeloph||Increases Max HP, MP, and CP by 40%. Increases P. Def. and M. Def. by 20%. Increases moving speed by 20%. Increases the magical critical damage by 20%. Increases magical critical rate by 2.|
|Rudolphina||Full Vitality + Vitality Replenishing|
|Turkey’s Big Mistake||Increases Max HP, MP, and CP by 50%. Increases P. Atk., M. Atk., P. Def., and M. Def. by 20%. Increases moving speed by 30%.|
- Santa will be looking for players to give gifts to, even if you are not raising a Rudolf!
- A system message will alert you when Santa begins his run through Aden!
- Santa will give out presents to qualified players until he runs out so be patient! If you don’t get one the first time, he will be back shortly with a new load of presents!
How do I qualify to get a gift?
- Players must be logged in.
- Players must be in combat mode (if in party, only 1 member of the party needs to be in combat mode) outside of peace zone.
- Players must NOT be in instanced zone or Olympiad.
|Santa Weapon Exchange Ticket||1) Santa Weapon Exchange Coupon – Regular: Exchange for a +8~+16 temporary weapon (4h limited time) through the town’s Santa.
2) Santa Weapon Exchange Coupon – Jackpot: Exchange for +12 enchanted A Grade weapons through the town’s Santa.
|Santa Shirts Exchange Ticket||Able to exchange with enchanted Christmas T-Shirts through town’s Santa. It is a shadow item randomly enchanted to +4~+16.|
|Special Christmas Trees||Summon a Christmas Tree – HP/MP regeneration increased|